Exercise + MCAT Prep = Lower stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVivalaVida31

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I run on my pre-core machine in front of a dry erase board covered in MCAT facts. Also, "Audio Osmosis" on the iPOD can make workouts more of a study session/workout. Any other habits? Please share...

Members don't see this ad.

I run on my pre-core machine in front of a dry erase board covered in MCAT facts. Also, "Audio Osmosis" on the iPOD can make workouts more of a study session/workout. Any other habits? Please share...

Be calm and just "absorb" when studying. Don't be too tensed up or "squint your eyes" like you're super focused. Just be really calm, don't be anxious (which makes you overthink things and get distracted from actually focusing).

Go to bed early, wake up early, and get the sleep schedule in check.

If you have trouble doing so, take like .5 mg or less of melatonin time release about 4-5 hours before going to bed. It will help shift your sleep schedule backwards.

Eat well, have some fun too, and don't stress out at all about the exam.

Get a lot of veggies and fruit, don't overdose on carbs, take a multivitamin a day, and omega 3 oils (2 capsules 1000 mg each), and vitamin d (1000 iu) if you live above las angeles/atlanta in latitude during the winter time.

Also, block SDN and the computer and other distractions, like I will right now.

Be calm and just "absorb" when studying. Don't be too tensed up or "squint your eyes" like you're super focused. Just be really calm, don't be anxious (which makes you overthink things and get distracted from actually focusing).

Go to bed early, wake up early, and get the sleep schedule in check.

If you have trouble doing so, take like .5 mg or less of melatonin time release about 4-5 hours before going to bed. It will help shift your sleep schedule backwards.

Eat well, have some fun too, and don't stress out at all about the exam.

Get a lot of veggies and fruit, don't overdose on carbs, take a multivitamin a day, and omega 3 oils (2 capsules 1000 mg each), and vitamin d (1000 iu) if you live above las angeles/atlanta in latitude during the winter time.

Also, block SDN and the computer and other distractions, like I will right now.

Done. Be back in 5 months with a post on the 35+ strategy forum. :ninja:

Members don't see this ad :)
Done. Be back in 5 months with a post on the 35+ strategy forum. :ninja:

completely blocking isn't a good idea. But limiting to say 2 or 3 days a week is better.

Just decide how much time you want to spend per week, say 1 hour or so.

There is helpful info occasionally that will help your prep. Multiple times per day probably is bad.