Exercise/Sports Medicine + Nursing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I have a question regarding a career that combines sports and nursing. I am currently in my last semester of a BSN program and will be graduating soon. While I was taking my pre-Nursing courses, I discovered that I really enjoyed Physiology and sports science. Now, in my last semester of Nursing school, I realized that I'm really not sure that I want to be a nurse and realized that I'd like a career involving sports science. But, I also don't want to feel like I just wasted these past 4 years in Nursing. I have been researching careers where I could incorporate my Nursing education with sports science/medicine or exercise and I haven't found much. Do you know of a career path in sports science where I could use my Nursing degree? I would hate for these 4 years to go to waste...:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I know an ortho NP who is great. Might consider that and work with sport medicine docs.

HI,
I had a BSN student that already had a BS in Sports Med & Exercise Physiology. He worked in physical therapy area of a big hospital and during his last semester of nursing school was offered a management position ( as a nurses) working on the rehab unit.

Depending on your gegraphical area, you may be able to do something similar if you decide to pursue sports medicine degree. Are there any rehab hospitals in your area?:love: