albertking

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2004
Status
Expa-Syl is a branded product from Kerr that works amazingly well for difficult impressions. It is also amazingly expensive. Is anyone marketing an off-brand equivalent of this product? Kerr's gotta have some competition...

If you're not familiar with Expa-Syl, you attend a dental program that likes to make students suffer.

Thanks, Albert

Fullosseousflap

Wet-Gloved Dentist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
albertking said:
Expa-Syl is a branded product from Kerr that works amazingly well for difficult impressions. It is also amazingly expensive. Is anyone marketing an off-brand equivalent of this product? Kerr's gotta have some competition...

If you're not familiar with Expa-Syl, you attend a dental program that likes to make students suffer.

Thanks, Albert
I have never had a need for this product.

If there are tissue problems consider crown lengthening either conventionally or with a Laser.

OP
A

albertking

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2004
Status
Fullosseousflap said:
I have never had a need for this product.
Maybe you could read my message before responding; I wasn't conducting a survey of need for the product, I wanted to know if there was an off-brand equivalent to Expa-Syl.

Fullosseousflap said:
If there are tissue problems consider crown lengthening either conventionally or with a Laser.
Again, CL is great and I've used it before but that's not my question!

Fullosseousflap

Wet-Gloved Dentist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
albertking said:
Maybe you could read my message before responding; I wasn't conducting a survey of need for the product, I wanted to know if there was an off-brand equivalent to Expa-Syl.

Again, CL is great and I've used it before but that's not my question!
The point was why use it in the first place? It is not needed and I have never used it.

So, why seek an off-brand equivalent?

To save money for a worthless product?

:confused: :confused:

OP
A

albertking

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2004
Status
QUOTE=Fullosseousflap]The point was why use it in the first place?[/QUOTE]

No, the point was Don't waste my time with nonresponsive posts!

I know you're thinking "But it is important - it's not needed, I've never used it, why are you wasting $$ blah blah etc."

But that isn't the case here, really. And it also doesn't matter if you'd offered a ringing endorsement. Your opinion of the product is completely irrevelent to my question. I'm sure you're just trying to be helpful, but it really is annoying!

This exchange reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She'd criticize me for asking something that didn't make sense to her. After realized the context of the question, she was revealed as a control freak.

Much like my ex, it's clear you're a nosy, bossy person who won't relent so I'll go ahead with full disclosure so you can understand why I think you're ridiculous: I'm starting research on impression materials and want to minimze costs.

Now that it makes more sense, you can go ahead and lurk until you feel the need to harrass somebody else with nonanswers and premature assumptions.

Fullosseousflap

Wet-Gloved Dentist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
albertking said:
QUOTE=Fullosseousflap]The point was why use it in the first place?

No, the point was Don't waste my time with nonresponsive posts!

I know you're thinking "But it is important - it's not needed, I've never used it, why are you wasting $$ blah blah etc."

But that isn't the case here, really. And it also doesn't matter if you'd offered a ringing endorsement. Your opinion of the product is completely irrevelent to my question. I'm sure you're just trying to be helpful, but it really is annoying!

This exchange reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She'd criticize me for asking something that didn't make sense to her. After realized the context of the question, she was revealed as a control freak.

Much like my ex, it's clear you're a nosy, bossy person who won't relent so I'll go ahead with full disclosure so you can understand why I think you're ridiculous: I'm starting research on impression materials and want to minimze costs.

Now that it makes more sense, you can go ahead and lurk until you feel the need to harrass somebody else with nonanswers and premature assumptions.
I think you are the one with issues comparing an old dentist with your ex-girlfriend.

I do not know one dentist who uses this Expa-Syl stuff.

And believe me I know alot of them.

So, start your research with another product because this one is not used.

But, then again if you are practicing dentist, resident or a dental student you would know this. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: