Expect to hear from Case?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbiz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when we mid-feb Case interviewers can expect to hear something, and how we'll hear it? Is everything going to be snail-mail? I interviewed Feb 14th, and as to when we'll hear is a bit vague (ie, "in march", well march is about 1/12th of the entire year!!)

Members don't see this ad.

gbiz said:
Anyone know when we mid-feb Case interviewers can expect to hear something, and how we'll hear it? Is everything going to be snail-mail? I interviewed Feb 14th, and as to when we'll hear is a bit vague (ie, "in march", well march is about 1/12th of the entire year!!)

I interviewed on Feb 7 and received my letter (snail mail) about two weeks later. Actually the letter was dated Feb 16...so that was quick. :)

Im anxiously checking the mail everyday :/ And once it comes too.

Members don't see this ad :)
gbiz said:
Im anxiously checking the mail everyday :/ And once it comes too.

Hey yo! I interviewed on the same day and I got my letter yesterday (I got in! and it was dated March 1st), so you should hear back soon . . .

:) ,
Bri

good to hear they are still giving admissions. I am going there this week

teh-t said:
good to hear they are still giving admissions. I am going there this week

When I was at Case mid-Feb, the admissions people said that they sent out 240 acceptances out of an average 350 every year by then, so they still have some places left to offer. Whew. Good luck at your interview!

Bri

Sabrinne said:
When I was at Case mid-Feb, the admissions people said that they sent out 240 acceptances out of an average 350 every year by then, so they still have some places left to offer. Whew. Good luck at your interview!

Bri

You were at my interview day? Well hi again! :) Im glad to hear you got in, congrats. So which one were you? I was the one who ended up sitting right next to the dean when he talked.

Sabrinne said:

Does that mean they already sent out 240 acceptances??

I was placed on hold, which disappointed me a bit b/c I really liked Case (but my interview was not my best) All I can do now is send a letter of interest plus an update or two and hope for the best. Btw, Sabrinne, did your acceptance letter come in a normal envelope or a packet?

Blue Orchid said:

I was placed on hold, which disappointed me a bit b/c I really liked Case (but my interview was not my best) All I can do now is send a letter of interest plus an update or two and hope for the best. Btw, Sabrinne, did your acceptance letter come in a normal envelope or a packet?

Yes, I did mean they sent out ~240 acceptance by Feb 15th (when I was there). Which also means that they'll send out 100 more and by the time I was there their interview season was almost over. I think they'll be re-going through the hold people at this time too.

I got my letter in a normal envelope and almost cried . . . I thought I got waitlisted, thats how my Northwestern letter ended up. But I also got a big packet from the office of financial aid in the same mailing, so I just jumped to conclusions too fast :). But the two letters weren't sent the same day, I checked the postmark, the normal letter was sent before the packet . . . so its possible to just get a small letter right away. :confused: Wish they'd coordinate that better, for poor people like me, who have heart attacks based on the size of their letter. Good luck on your app!

Bri

Blue Orchid said:

im on hold as well......do they review our files as they go along, or were they just being nice???

wends said:
im on hold as well......do they review our files as they go along, or were they just being nice???

They made it sound like they were going to review all of the hold ppl at that time too. I have my fingers crossed for you, gl! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I cant believe it, they put me on hold! :(

I thought my interview went GREAT; we talked for 1.5 hours instead of the 45 minutes he said it would take. I am so dissapointed.

gbiz said:
I cant believe it, they put me on hold! :(

I thought my interview went GREAT; we talked for 1.5 hours instead of the 45 minutes he said it would take. I am so dissapointed.

:( I know how that is. I had a morning interview, so I couldn't have talked 1.5 hrs if I tried. Too bad though...I don't think I was able to convey all I was about to my interviewer in 45 min. Case is the only school I interviewed at that has only one interviewer instead of the usual two, so I tried a little harder to make a good impression. Don't think it worked.

So do all people on hold get acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters at the same time in April, or do they still do rolling acceptances each time the adcom meets?