expense of plane tickets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StarGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there any way to get around this? I am trying to buy tickets and they're quite expensive especially from coast to coast! :eek: :mad: :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

StarGirl:

I've seen a few threads on this forum about regional interviews. These are interviews, usually conducted in your region of the US, by representatives or affiliates of the school which reside in or near your area. You might consider contacting the schools which have granted you interviews and asking them if regional interviews are possible. The obvious downside to this is that you don't get to visit the university and get first-hand impressions about the atmosphere, facilities, etc.

Otherwise, try to schedule your interviews such that you can visit several schools in close proximity within a given week. Maybe plane tickets or rail fares between these proximate cities will be cheaper.

Good luck!
Smile_doc

For those thinking about applying to dental school next year, one of the big advanages of getting a complete application into adea as early as possible is that is gives one a better chance to coordinate those interview trips.

Keep searching the internet for cheap tickets. I lucked out on my trip to LA. I got a ticket from Philadelphia to LA on Continental for $125 w/tax included (expedia.com).