Expenses during the 3rd and 4th years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the expenses for the 3rd and 4th years much greater due to traveling to rotations? As an M-1 at an osteopathic school, how much more money might I need these years?

I am concerned about taking out alternative loans and paying all this money back.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and knowledge! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Ask your financial aid office for information.... DMU's financial aid actually calculate this for us, giving us a head's up on how much more we would be needing... Best wishes to you.

Your expenses will vary a lot depending on if you are going to do away rotations. For me, I spent less money during third year because I barely had any time to do anything but go to school and come home and sleep. I didn't do any away rotations. 4th year is more expensive due to the costs associated with going off on interviews and the application. Lots of people do away rotations during 4th year as well. A couple of my classmates spent 8 weeks in Australia. Talk about spending some money. Don't forget to think about the costs associated with moving after grad as well.