[Deleted post]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carrot395

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted post]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Schools like uRMs. Most schools use human cadavers. Any medical school that accepts you wants you to succeed.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to schools where you have a chance of being accepted and apply broadly. Pay attention during interviews. Picking schools based off other peoples recommendations is an act of folly, as many of the answers to your questions will be simple nods to satisfaction.

As many will say, invest in the MSAR. It will answer all of your questions without bias.

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be better asked in the Medical section rather than in pre-allo.

OP went ahead and posted in Allo anyways. Hopefully she can get better answers besides the one @samac offered, but I don't expect much.

Allo is for medical students, though.
This is where pre-meds query.

Yes, but OP appeared to be asking questions that would be better answered by the medical students. It wouldn't be the first time a pre-med has posted there to get information they need.

Right now, I can answer #1 and #3. I hope I am still not around hanging in pre-allo by the time I can answer #6. ;-)

OP went ahead and posted in Allo anyways. Hopefully she can get better answers besides the one @samac offered, but I don't expect much.
I don't think school specifics would help, so I figured I'd share the generic answers I was pretty sure OP was going to get.
OP on another note one person's anecdotal experience won't tell you whether the school is for you or not. Everyone has different experiences, and although 1 person may dislike their school there may be 5 who love it, but you just get the one dislike.
Just apply where you want to be.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely see how my earlier post could come across as rude; apologies for that! I completely meant that I felt you gave the most useful information they were likely to get, at least from this forum!

I can give you the gestalt of my students and how they feel. these questions have been asked of our grads, when they feel no burden to embellish or dissemble.

DO school, somewhere west of St Louis.
1) What is your medical school?

Very
2) Do you feel that your medical school is supportive of medical school students?

We use the real thing.
3) Does your anatomy class use real human cadavers to teach, or just computer simulations?

~9. < 10% of our grads would have preferred either going to another school, or not go to med school at all!
4) On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being most satisfied, how satisfied/happy are you with your medical school experience?

Pretty good, for a DO school. Can't get too specific without outing myself.
5) Do you feel that there is adequate research opportunity for medical school students? If so, what department / research focus?

Very well prepared. My students get into some decent ACGME residencies. The majority prefer Primary Care and self select for us.
6) Do you feel well prepared for your STEP exams and residency matches?

Never
7) Have you experienced or witnessed racism issues in your medical school environment? I am not white and will this negatively impact my experience at your school?

Think about what you want our of a med school, and is its location suitable for you. For example, a school in a big city would be more welcoming than in, say, NE or GA.
8) Any tips and advice that you would like to share about applying to your medical school?

Yes, but OP appeared to be asking questions that would be better answered by the medical students. It wouldn't be the first time a pre-med has posted there to get information they need.

Doing so is against SDN policy. There are plenty of med students who frequent this forum and can assist the OP which is why pre med queries are moved back here.