Experiences on AMCAS: Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Humps

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The post-secondary experiences section has been dabbled about over the past couple of weeks, but who KNOWS or thinks they know for sure which sections you SHOULD and SHOULD NOT fill out. It just seems like the adcoms are not going to want to read every description of all the experiences.

Also, how many is too many-- I know this question has been asked, but I think it is important to know. All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Come on everybody; I know you have some input-- We are turning this thing in soon, and I know some other people are wondering the same thing. Help me out here. Please? :confused:

I filled out the description of the experience so that I did not have to do so in great depth in my personal statement. I think that the description is essential. As for the contacts, I think you should add them if you can, but don't worry about it too much. If they really want contact info, they will request it in the secondaries. Filling it out now will only save time later at best. I did, however, fill out the contact info just for the sake of giving extra information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say put as much info as you can.... I filled up everything with no spaces.... THat's just me though :D

I hope i can help..
I haven't seen the new 2002 application, but I did the 2001. I hear it is different...but anyways, in the activities section, I put down all of my 'important' activities and a one liner of a description. I didn't just want to put a list of activities. So I added a small description. I added all the activities I could, until I reached my limit. I also put them in order from most important(important to me at least) to not as important.
I hope this answers your questions.

Originally posted by joojoobeware:
•I hear it is different...but anyways, in the activities section, I put down all of my 'important' activities and a one liner of a description.•

This year they have much more space for the description. I think they will expect more than the one line summation that could be used last year. I think I'll try to be as brief as possible while covering the most important aspects of each experience.