• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Experiences with cross country greyhound?

mik30102

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2011
NY
  1. Medical Student
    Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with taking grey hound on extended trips (1day plus). I got my first II today, and need to get from the NYC area to Des Moines. Flying is surprisingly expensive with traveling by car ending up costing about the same. I'm thinking about taking a greyhound bus since its the cheapest option but i'm not sure if its the best of ideas.

About the Ads

shockazulu

Apr 27, 2014
    Arizona
    1. Pre-Medical
      OP I would consider breaking the trip up, like flying from NYC to a major city "close" to Des Moines (Like Chicago) then taking the bus from Chicago to Des Moines. It will save you a lot of time, and probably cost about the same as a bus ticket. You don't want to ride the Greyhound bus across the country. This is coming from someone that on more than a few occasions has had to ride the bus up and down the West and East Coast. Its a horrid experience and honestly in hindsight I would rather just pay a little extra for a plane ticket.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.