Expired MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out if your MCAT scores have expired (e.g. it has been more than three years since you took the test), schools still receive those scores. There is no way around it as it is built into the electronic AMCAS application.

My question is, why? If the scores are too old to be considered for admission, then why should they count against you by showing up on your application? Either consider them or don't consider them. You can't have it both ways.

Members don't see this ad.

rocketman said:
I found out if your MCAT scores have expired (e.g. it has been more than three years since you took the test), schools still receive those scores. There is no way around it as it is built into the electronic AMCAS application.

My question is, why? If the scores are too old to be considered for admission, then why should they count against you by showing up on your application? Either consider them or don't consider them. You can't have it both ways.

Do you know how far it goes back? I have a score from 1993.

cosmicstarr said:
Do you know how far it goes back? I have a score from 1993.

I think it said all scores you officially released since 1991 (when they changed the format of the MCAT) are automatically part of your primary application.