expired prereqs for 01 bs grad.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rusky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in 2001 and most of my science classes were taken 97-98. Do I have to retake all the prereqs since they are older then 5 years? If so, does it matter where I have taken them or can I take them in community college?

Members don't see this ad.

Some would say that admin frown on classes taken at a community college.

My physics, gen chemistry and english pre-reqs were taken in 98-99 -- none of the schools to which I applied had a problem with this.

Members don't see this ad :)
My physics and Chem, and english are from 96-97 and I didn't have to retake them.

I'm in the same boat, but I was fine. I called one school and they said that in those cases they look for upper-level sciences in the same subject areas that you have taken recently (i.e. I was currently taking orgo II, genetics and physics II) so my old prereqs were "validated" because of that.

Some of mine were older than 5 years, but they never told me that I need to retake them.

I'll ttt this thread if I get a letter in June saying that my admission has been revoked because of old prereqs.

At Loma Linda all pre-reqs must have been taken within five years of application. Some schools have problems with CC coursework check the school websites before you apply and you can minimize frustration.

Hi, is it true that most schools won't make us retake the pre-reqs if they're older than 5 years? I checked Loma Linda's website, and it does say they have to be within 5 years, but I'm wondering if that's enforced really strictly?

I took all my science courses since 2002 and after, but my calculus courses were taken in high school, and first year of college, in 2000-2001. So I wonder if I would have to repeat that and my intro courses from 2002-3? I do have most of my upper-division science courses completed within the last 5 years though. Does anyone know of dental schools that absolutely require this and would you please tell me which ones? thanks.