explanation please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, because english is not my first language, I probably missunderstood, this, also can someone please be kind enough to clear my doubt. Thank you.

Ok, so Im a foreign dentist, I graduated and got my license and diploma from my home country, practiced for 5 years then came to the U.S.
I read the NBDE guide from the A.D.A. To apply for the NBDE exams, I have to be enrolled in a Dental school?

That means that I have to pass the exams, and also go to school(2+ years) depending of the school program? Is this for foreign dental students and Dentist?

I this correct?

translate papers...... + accepted on Dental U.S school+ pass NBDE's + go to dental U.S school again = licensce in U.S?

Thanks again

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, because english is not my first language, I probably missunderstood, this, also can someone please be kind enough to clear my doubt. Thank you.

Ok, so Im a foreign dentist, I graduated and got my license and diploma from my home country, practiced for 5 years then came to the U.S.
I read the NBDE guide from the A.D.A. To apply for the NBDE exams, I have to be enrolled in a Dental school?

That means that I have to pass the exams, and also go to school(2+ years) depending of the school program? Is this for foreign dental students and Dentist?

I this correct?

translate papers...... + accepted on Dental U.S school+ pass NBDE's + go to dental U.S school again = licensce in U.S?

Thanks again
You almost got it right but, I think it will be like this:
Translate papers....NBDE part1 (and NBDE Part 2 depending on which University you want to apply)+TOEFL+ Advance education program in General dentistry(1 or 2 years)= License in USA.

First go to ece website and get familiar with the transcripts evaluation. Get a course by course evaluation done. they will give you list of documents to be sent to them and it will cost you 135 $

send one copy of the evaluation to Joint commission, address given in Candiate guide.

Then apply to take NBDE part 1. Fill the online form and fee (i guess 265$) at ada.org

They will process your application and will email you with your eligibility no (in 2 weeks i guess)

Then go to prometric.com and schedule your exam in the city you want. (you can do it whenever you are ready to take the exam) but definitely get your date at least 2 months in advanced as many centers get booked pretty fast

Read for your exam,go for it only when you feel you are VERY WELL prepared. As you get ONLY ONE CHANCE TO SIT FOR NBDE PART 1. Aim for score greater than 87. though 85 plus is considered good, but the higher the better.

Take our TOEFL exam.

Apply to the school you want for internationally trained dentist DDS/DMD programs.

Some schools need part 2 exam also and some schools need clinical exam also (bench test)

You have got the bigger outline here, now do your homework and get the details.

good luck..:)

wow! I was skiping some steps. Thanks a lot to both.
I really appreciate the help.