Extent of bio coverage (spec. taxonomy) on real DAT vs. Topscore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discolphie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this board but I've been following it for some time now. I just finished test 3 on Topscore ( I think version 7.15) and I was surprised by how specific the animal phyla questions were. Six questions (out of 40 I think is a lot too) were, I thought, VERY SPECIFIC...throwing names like choanocytes. Other than those question, I got the others right...but does the actual DAT have that many questions that are really far out there like that?

The reason why I was so surprised is because I'm just using Kaplan and Examkracker materials and they didn't get that into detail about Classes at all. Should I be worried or did anyone who took the DAT already know all this and was prepared? Thanks,

J

Members don't see this ad.

I studied only from Kaplan at the beginning, but then I realised that it wasn't enough and I read my college text book also.
Kaplan is definately not covering everything that you need to know.
And yes, you have to know taxonomy very well.Btw, 80% of the bio questions on my test were not from human biology.Also, I had a question about Echinoderms that I had no clue about and I went home and looked for the answer and I couldn't find it in my biology book :) From what I've read in this forum most of the people had a few questions out of the blue...so don't be surprised.
Good luck,
Joanna

hey

I took the test today and found that the topscore tests were more difficult. There were a few tax questions on the test but nothing as detailed as the topscore.

good luck

D