Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

externship at oklahoma

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by doncorleone, Mar 6, 2007.

1. doncorleone

doncorleone New Member
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    i have been doing searches about externships and what to do to prepare. if anybody has done an externship at oklahoma, i would greatly appreciate any specific info about the program and externship that you could give. What to take, what to expect, things you liked, stuff like that. Thanks a ton guys.

2. esclavo

esclavo from frying pan into fire
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student

pm me and I'll give you the chief's email. I've heard great things about this program...

3. txdent2be2007

txdent2be2007 Member
    5+ Year Member

One of my classmates is going there in June...it's an awesome program. They're very broad scope -- cosmetics, craniofacial and maybe some cancer (not sure about this one). Cool attendings and residents. Believe it or not, Oklahoma is a not a bad place to live. Warm weather, fairly nice terrain and scenery, and housing is among the cheapest in the nation. I know some med residents who recently bought a NICE house for 128K!

4. OP
    OP
    doncorleone

doncorleone New Member
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    is your classmate going to be a resident or going for an externship?