Externships with University Affiliated Clinics/Centers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ears4Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a 2nd year student, and am thinking that it's time to start looking for potential externship placements. I really would like to do it at a clinic or medical center affiliated with a university or another non-profit. I'm mainly interested in pediatrics and tinnitus. I am thinking of going to Boston, MA, Columbus, OH, or Dallas, TX areas, but am open to other suggestions. I found some externship postings, but know that I should probably apply to a large number of them and some are not listed on the AAA site. Also please let me know about your experiences or experiences of other in different placements. Which ones were good and not so good. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The University of South Florida in Tampa is a university affiliated clinic that has pediatrics and tinnitus and offers a fourth year externship. They also have vestib, hearing aids, and CI. Best of luck!

i'm doing my externship at columbia university medical center in new york city. it's a good placement if you're looking to do a little bit of everything. and you get to do some of the special stuff unique to hospitals and universities like attend lectures and rounds, inpatient consults, OR testing, etc.