1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Extra Curriculars

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DrewFromVA, Oct 28, 2001.

1. DrewFromVA

DrewFromVA Member
    10+ Year Member

I currently volunteer in the ER at a hospital here in Norfolk, Va. I also will soon be volunteering at a school nearby, helping a teacher with his/her class because I want to gain experience working with kids. (I want to be a pediatrician I think) Anyway... I've heard a lot of people list five or six different EC's that they've been involved with and I was wondering if that is spread over all of their undergrad years or all at the same time? I'm hoping I can maybe do one thing this semester, something else next, and something different in the summer, because I just don't know if I have the time for school, work, and four volunteer activities all at the same time. I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I just wanted to know what I should do...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. csgirl

csgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm in the same boat. All of my volunteer experiences are going to be clumped between the summer after my sophmore year and when I apply next June (basically all in one year).

4. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

That's fine, QUITE good in fact, both of you.