Extra Curriculars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhantomfanMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just interested in a modest state school in Michigan. What kind of ECs do you folks think I will need to gain acceptance? My GPA is a bit lower than average but my MCAT is way above their average if you're interested in knowing my academic credentials.

Members don't see this ad.

what type of ec's do you already have? If you have already taken the mcat and are applying this/next cycle, there is little you can do now to improve your ec's significantly. However, some clinical experience + research + shadowing may be enough.

what type of ec's do you already have? If you have already taken the mcat and are applying this/next cycle, there is little you can do now to improve your ec's significantly. However, some clinical experience + research + shadowing may be enough.

well I wasn't interested in medicine until this past year...so I am starting to volunteer this december and will hopefully continue that throughout next semester up until before I apply. I will do some physician shadowing, however research isn't something I have done nor do I give a @#$@# about. I am really just interested in primary care. Plus, getting research in now might be a bit hard especially since I am going to be taking enough credits (20), and volunteering/shadowing. I have a bunch of extra stuff I have done as far as being a volunteer.

go on a significant alternative spring break trip, maybe down to new orleans or something and help displaced people.

shadow a doc.

definitely work on getting enough clinical experience. thats your number one priority.

thinking wayne state, by chance? definitely get clinical experience (nursing homes hospitals or otherwise).