extracurricular activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zackscoot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does working as an EMT or any other job count as extracurricular activities???

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely, and its great clinical experience. ADCOMs will definitely look at your past and current jobs.

How do you prove that you've had certain jobs?

I am wondering because I work with an autistic child and the mother pays me directly with checks; no tax is taken from my paycheck.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you prove that you've had certain jobs?

I am wondering because I work with an autistic child and the mother pays me directly with checks; no tax is taken from my paycheck.

No need for prove, but something interesting like that will be asked about in interviews. I think adcoms are well versed in BS-detection.

hMm, I did a search and found this, I will try to delete my post. Sorry, I'm new here...:confused:

You don't need anything to prove you did any activity (volunteer or otherwise). AMCAS will ask you for a contact name and a location (city/state only) and that is the only documentation you need. The proof that you actually did the activity will be your ability to discuss what you got out of it at your interview and in your personal statement (if it was really a significant experience)

It IS extracurricular as per the definition of the word (outside of academic curriculum), but if you have "employment" as a category, I think it'd be VERY weird if you didn't list it on there. If you are just responding to a secondary essay prompt asking about an extracurricular, then this would be an ok example.