extracurriculars/volunteerowork/clinical work you guys were involved in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneLove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what were some of the thigns that you guys did during your undergrad career. I'm currently looking for some ideas for some smart things that I should be doing throughout my undergrad career.

Currently I volunteer at a NYS organization for developemental dissabilities weekly, Service coordinator of psyc club, Band member for IVCF (intervarity christan fellowship), member of juggling club :D

I feel like this isn't enough. Should I be seeking employment? other academic clubs (which ones)? volunteering elsewhere? etc etc. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

OneLove said:
what were some of the thigns that you guys did during your undergrad career. I'm currently looking for some ideas for some smart things that I should be doing throughout my undergrad career.

Currently I volunteer at a NYS organization for developemental dissabilities weekly, Service coordinator of psyc club, Band member for IVCF (intervarity christan fellowship), member of juggling club :D

I feel like this isn't enough. Should I be seeking employment? other academic clubs (which ones)? volunteering elsewhere? etc etc. Thanks !

Don't worry, juggling club is probably all that you needed :thumbup: :laugh:

Newman8r said:
Don't worry, juggling club is probably all that you needed :thumbup: :laugh:

Take the opportunity to do something with your free time that you love to do - it'll give you some down time that is much needed, you'll have a hobby to see you through med school (friends of mine swear by instruments they play), and adcoms want to see your personal passions come to fruition. If you love to paint, you'll enjoy it, do it well, and that will come across to adcoms as a roundedness of your personality - all great perks.

Med schools actually want to accept normal people - and what normal people wouldn't keep a portion of their lives that they live the way that only they want to, and not the way they think adcoms will want them to? Live a little!

None, I knew my top choice doesn't value them.