extras on a college resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phenom832

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know the grades are important but do other things help too like vouleteering and stuff like that? I have a red cross in the area maybe help there? and i think the local hospital has a volunteer program ? Or what else should i do

Members don't see this ad.

probably should have called this thread college application im still in high school

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure this is the appropriate forum for you.

i know its not for people still in high school but you guys have already went through the process where high school kids havent so that why im asking here

Oh, like when we want to ask about med school stuff and try to post it in the med student forum...

Let me be the first to actually answer your question...

Yes, put all that stuff on your resume. All your volunteering, leadership etc. How else will schools learn what an excellent applicant you are?

Okay, I'll try to be polite and respond in a productive fashion.

You kind of rhetorically answered your own question.

Does volunteer and other stuff help? Of course. Community service, leadership, participation in clubs/organizations, all of these things improve will your application.

I don't think that clinical volunteering is necessary at this stage, that's something you can start to think more about once you matriculate to your undergrad. Most med schools won't be interested in what you did in high school.