Extremely disappointed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

water40polo04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a score increase of like 12 points from TPR to the actual MCAT I am very bummed about my score…my physical sciences sections stink. Thanks I would appreciate any words of encouragement..I am stuyding doing TPR and EX but i am not noticing any big differences. I also haven't putting as much time as i could i guess...please any help appreicated!!

Members don't see this ad.

my TPR diagnostic score was 7w, 5B, 4P and my actual mcat score was 11w, 9b, 10p so it is possible.

Lol, at first I thought you mean go up 12 points in the physical section alone. I was thinking "my god, what did you score?" :laugh:
I think 12 points is possible, depending on how much studying you've done so far. My diagnostic total was 24 and my actual score was 38. But the real miracle is my practice scores hovered consistently at 34 in the last 2 weeks right up to the day before, and I didn't even consider a 4 point jump in one day a possibility.
I think for some people, we think we're doing the best we can on practice tests but we're actually not. We know it's practice, so maybe we let ourselves pause for half a minute when we get tired, or let ourselves get away with picking an answer we're not sure about just because we don't really want to think about it anymore (why bother? I'll just check the answer later and figure out why it was wrong). You never know how much harder you can push yourself when the pressure's really on
Also, I should add that most of my improvement from 24 --> 34 occurred in the last two weeks, when I had stopped reviewing material and was just concentrating on doing practice tests. So I think you've got plenty of time to see that improvement yet

Members don't see this ad :)
My diagnostic score 18 :mad: . 1st Full length practice 20 :thumbdown: . Hoping for 30 by April :scared: We will see. :cool:

just knowing that the physical sciences section is your weakest should tell you that that's what you need to be spending more time on. it seems obvious i know, but physical sciences is my weakest area too so for the past 2 weeks i reviewed mostly chem and physics, and went from a 7 to a 10 in ps. if i can do it, anyone can do it...

water40polo04 said:
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a score increase of like 12 points from TPR to the actual MCAT I am very bummed about my score…my physical sciences sections stink. Thanks I would appreciate any words of encouragement..I am stuyding doing TPR and EX but i am not noticing any big differences. I also haven't putting as much time as i could i guess...please any help appreicated!!
you can do it! I went from a 14 or so to a 29. mind you i didn't study at all the first diag... haha. and a 29 isn't the greatest, but hell, it got me in. but...Antissa's story is totally rare... so lol, don't bank on that happening to you. but I would REALLLLY concentrate on just practicing now. with a month to go, you should focus on practice and the material will follow in the review of the questions. gluck. u can do it.

Most people that I know have gone up by 12-14 points from their first diagnostic with 14 or 15 being around the average for the first diagnostic.

Most of those people have since been accepted to med school.

do not get discouraged. Kaplan and PR make their exams extremely difficult, so that they can say "see your score went up by taking our classes".

I went up 11 pts from my first diag to my last diag. Scored 2 pts lower on the actual test than the last diag (and those two points came from verbal--apparently I couldn't read and understand english as well as Princeton Review thought I could). ;)

KEEP DOING THE PROBLEMS. You'll get better with practice. It's all about test-taking strategies. Don't get discouraged!

Good luck!