Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

eye/ear structure

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by engineeredout, Jun 14, 2008.

1. engineeredout

Resident [Any Field]
    Is it important to have the basic structure of the eyes/ear memorized for the mcat?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna

Fellow [Any Field]
    i'm gonna go with a no. maybe just general descriptions on how they work? why is there a lens? how do you correct myopia? hyperopia? but that is probably even more than you need to know. its cool stuff though.

4. polarizer

I wouldn't. MCAT almost never asks ambigous questions like that.

5. LittleRocker

Medical Student
    nothing of the sort came up on my test. I think i've seen a passage on the ear on a practice test before, but i'm pretty sure it gave all the info you needed.

6. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    For passages it's always nice if you're already familiar with the basics of the topic, even if it goes waaaay more in depth than you studied.

I do remember a discrete question from a practice test that asked to choose the correct order of structures that light passes through in the eye. It was tricky since it goes in opposite order from the way the actual signal from the light travels.

7. cateyezz

Pre-Medical
    i wouldnt take a risk and definitely look at it...eyes are sometimes coupled in PS tho...since they are good examples of lenses...but yea havent heard those come up ... not very popular i m assuming...can never be 100% sure tho

8. mysticblue08

Pharmacist
    Yeah definitely know both structures. In my september mcat, there was a question about ear structure. Don't leave anything basic out of your studying, make sure you review everything!