Eye Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WirSterben

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in Gr. 11, but am still interested in going to med school. My question is I have a lazy eye, so my one eye is much weaker than the other, the one is fine, but the other's vision is mostly consistent of seeing general shape and colour, but not much detail. Would this be a major problem in pursuing a field in medicine, would I be able to become a surgeon?, or any kind of doctor for that matter?, what would be the restrictions of having this condition.

Sorry, I wasn't too sure if this was the appropriate forum to post this question.

Regards,

WirSterben

Members don't see this ad.

For what it's worth, a guy I know who is graduating this year also suffers from strabismus. He is going into OB/Gyn, a lot of which involves surgical procedures.

Don't let this stop you. Good luck!

-Skip

WirSterben said:
Hi,

I'm in Gr. 11, but am still interested in going to med school. My question is I have a lazy eye, so my one eye is much weaker than the other, the one is fine, but the other's vision is mostly consistent of seeing general shape and colour, but not much detail. Would this be a major problem in pursuing a field in medicine, would I be able to become a surgeon?, or any kind of doctor for that matter?, what would be the restrictions of having this condition.

Sorry, I wasn't too sure if this was the appropriate forum to post this question.

Regards,

WirSterben

With a user name like the one you have choosen, I think that you might have other challenges apart from your strabismus.