Eye Protection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freddy King

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what kind of eye protection is popular with students. Does it take a lot of time to get used to wearing?

Speaking of visual hinderance, I always felt contact lenses provide superior vision and am reluctant to revert back to glasses. Assuming safety glasses offer sufficient protection from flying bits o' teeth, are there any regulations about contact lens use when treating patients?

Thanks, Fred

My dentist started using a face mask instead of safety glasses. What do you think works best?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I alternate my eye protection between a pair of Gargoyles and my Loupes (Designs for Vision) depending on the procedure I'm doing, and sometimes just how my eyes feel. I really didn't have much difficulty adjusting to eye protection, and when I started having to buy my own masks in private practice I realized that I could comfortably do without the mask/face shield combination since they're about 5 to 10 times more expensive per box than regular face masks. Find some eye protection that fits your head size well and has no fogging issues and you'll very quickly forget that you're wearing them. :clap: