Eyes Wide Shut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever see this movie? It is on right now.
About 15 minutes in, when Tom and Nicole are entering the party, he meets his friend who thanks him for sending him to see an Osteopath. He said the Osteopath really fixed his shoulder great and Tom said that he was the best man in New York.

It happened very quickly and you have to be paying attention to pick up on it.
Has anyone else noticed this? I think this is the first time I have ever seen a TV show or a movie depict Osteopaths in a good way.

I just thought it was really neat.

Members don't see this ad.

I picked that up when I saw the movie too...great plug eh?

Not a big Tom Cruise fan...but it was nice to hear...

By the way....the ending SUCKED..how aggravating

Now I gotta see that movie....

Members don't see this ad :)
Pay close attention to that disturbing satanic seance. Kubrick was a genius. Disturbing.

hey "together"--I see your postings coming from Worcester, MA--thats my home town, I go to school at Des Moines Osteopathic--are you a student at UMASS-Med-or another DO transplant?

macman :p

I was watching Seinfield a couple of days ago and there was a mention about an osteopath. Kramer and George are at the liquor store to buy some wine and George asks Kramer why he doesn't carry a wallet and Krammer replys saying that his osteopath says that carrying his wallet in his back pocket causes him problems. Just a little note. Do you think you'd rather be referred to as an osteopath or a just doctor?

Huh.... interesting.... It seems like every time osteopathic medicine is mentioned it's only for a brief second and it's usually during a conversation....

Kubrick must have dug Spencer technique to write that into the screenplay.

TUCOM 03