F-1 Visa Upenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIG SMILES

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask everyone who has been through the process of getting an F-1 visa to study at Upenn. After you filled out the I-20 form on the OIP website, what did you do? Did you send that form with your bank letter to OIP? How long did it take them to send you your I-20 form?

Also, after you received your I-20, how do you get an F-1 visa? Do you go to your embassy? I am in Canada so do I just go to the border with the I-20 when I enter the US?

Someone please help me with the visa process. I am lost!

Thank you so much,
BIG SMILES!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

BIG SMILES said:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask everyone who has been through the process of getting an F-1 visa to study at Upenn. After you filled out the I-20 form on the OIP website, what did you do? Did you send that form with your bank letter to OIP? How long did it take them to send you your I-20 form?

Also, after you received your I-20, how do you get an F-1 visa? Do you go to your embassy? I am in Canada so do I just go to the border with the I-20 when I enter the US?

Someone please help me with the visa process. I am lost!

Thank you so much,
BIG SMILES!! :D
HEY BIG SMILES!! ARE YOU ACCEPTED AT UPENN? IF SO THEN WHEN WERE YOU INTERVIEWED? BECAUSE I WAS INTERVIEWED ON 14 FEB.I SUSPECT THAT WE WERE INTERVIEWED ON THE SAME DAY.