1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

F-i-n-a-l-l-y!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by booswim542, Jul 18, 2006.

1. booswim542

booswim542 Walkin' on Sunshine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My advisor finally uploaded my letters to virtual evals! I have already sent in 11 secondaries and she finally got her act together so I could complete my files!

Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to check and download letters of rec? Should I call and let them know they are there to speed things up, or just wait?

I know, I'm anxious....maybe I should just relax, but this is kind of exctiting

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pewl

Pewl The Dude Abides
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Should be within a matter of weeks.

4. aertzin

aertzin Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you should personally visit the admission office of each school to which you have applied to share this exciting news. They will, no doubt, be just as thrilled as you are.

Seriously, when I saw the title of this thread I expected to read that someone who has been on a waitlist for 6 months finally got in somewhere. Your advisor finally uploaded your letters to virtual evals??? Give me a break!

5. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    man 11 secondaries already sent? i sent in 3 so far, but have 12, just waiting for confirmation that i can send it in early, and most importantly, waiting for my paycheck to pay for these things. I love living my life check by check to pay these things off

6. MissCutie

MissCutie Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

haha. i assumed someone got in off the waitlist too and was keeping my fingers crossed that it would lead to movement on one of the schools i was waitlisted at. oh well.

7. booswim542

booswim542 Walkin' on Sunshine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No...sorry, I know I have gone a little nuts. There was just a big issue at our school because the letter of rec system was switched from all paper to virtual evals and for a while they didn't think our database would be up until August.
    I had to go in and explain to them how important it was to get seconadaries complete quickly, since that's all I needed for files to be complete.

You guys are harsh, I really didn't mean for it to be taken that way, I am just glad it all got worked out and I was hoping someone knew how the system worked once it was uploaded.

8. aertzin

aertzin Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    booswim

I saw your response on the thread about the lack of email response from Michigan

Please don't tell me you called Michigan this morning to ask them about downloading your virtual eval. Man, you need to get a life.

9. spospo

spospo Going to extremes
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    booswim, i'll try to be positive among all these other responses, so yay! any sort of problem during this time seems like a huge deal and can really create a lot of stress. i'm glad it all got worked out for you. good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

10. Robizzle

Robizzle 1K Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    wow mr scrooge how bout u give the kid a break. so he's a little happy? how is you posting that gonna help or change anything?

if you don't like what you're readin there's a button on your web browser called the back button that will take you far far away from here.

as for you, boowswim, congratulations. keep doin ur thing and f*ck the haters.

11. MissCutie

MissCutie Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i wasn't trying to put you down for your post. i just thought it was kind of cute and was sort of amused. when i was at that point last year, i probably was ecstatic and relieved. im sure i will be the same next year, though a bit freaked out too since it will be my final time applying. no worries, and good luck :)