F1 stamping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mytoothache

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted your opinion or anyone in the same state, please help...

I've been accepted to advance DDS program. I'm currently on H4 and in process of filing change of status from H4 to F1 . I'm planning to visit India but not sure how difficult is getting F1 stamped.

As if you browse through forums, everyone is saying that you shouldn't be saying that after completing your course, you want to work and settle in US...is this true??

anyone went for stamping, could you please share the questions asked by consulate..will appreciate...

Members don't see this ad.

if u r on h4 u don't have to change to f1 inorder to study...relax!
if u still want to do that for certain reasons then change of status can be done from within US.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I've been accepted to advance DDS program. I'm currently on H4 and in process of filing change of status from H4 to F1 . I'm planning to visit India but not sure how difficult is getting F1 stamped.

As if you browse through forums, everyone is saying that you shouldn't be saying that after completing your course, you want to work and settle in US...is this true??

anyone went for stamping, could you please share the questions asked by consulate..will appreciate...

IMHO there is no point taking risk and going for F1 stamping you can go to India come back on h4 and then do COS to F1 within the country, which is a safer bet.

Hi all,

Hi mytoothache,

First of all there is no need to change to F1 since u can study on H4.. as hant and Hydentist told.. if u want to change it's always better to change within US...
I recently changed my status to F1 from F2.. I went to India and changed. Whatever may be the question by visa officer you must give him an impression that you'll return to India eventually and u r not a potential immigrant.. that's the main point they look for..by the way I was not asked by that question..;).. hope it helps..:thumbup: