FAFSA/CSS Profile timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m222222

Reaction score
I have to fill out the FAFSA and CSS Profile by March 1st for a few schools. I'm still gathering paperwork and other necessary docs to do so. Any general advice regarding how many days I should give myself to fill them out? I don't want to wait until the 28th, for example, only to find out that it takes several days to process the docs, get a PIN, or jump over any hurdles. Any advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have the necessary paperwork on hand, they can both be completed in one sitting (set aside a few hours though). It takes FAFSA ~4 days to process after you've submitted it. I don't think CSS takes processing time after you've submitted, but I'm not 100% sure. So you should submit at least 4 days before the deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have the necessary paperwork on hand, they can both be completed in one sitting (set aside a few hours though). It takes FAFSA ~4 days to process after you've submitted it. I don't think CSS takes processing time after you've submitted, but I'm not 100% sure. So you should submit at least 4 days before the deadline.
Thank you!!