FAFSA deadlines (please don't move me to FinAid forum)

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Thought it might be useful to get these deadlines for each school in a thread. I didn't search:oops: so I hope there isn't a thread like this open already.

UMDNJ and Nova don't seem to have specific deadlines.

C

Critical Mass

This is the third or fourth one of these FAFSA threads I've posted on this year, but I can tell you what I told the others.

FAFSA is just a way for schools to get your official numbers down on paper. There is no deadline as far as Uncle Sam is concerned, but the schools themselves will make priority and/or preferred deadlines. Just email the school's financial aid office since this will vary greatly from school to school.

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
This is the third or fourth one of these FAFSA threads I've posted on this year, but I can tell you what I told the others.

FAFSA is just a way for schools to get your official numbers down on paper. There is no deadline as far as Uncle Sam is concerned, but the schools themselves will make priority and/or preferred deadlines. Just email the school's financial aid office since this will vary greatly from school to school.

I know this, that's why I wanted to start a thread that would list these deadlines so people wouldn't have to hunt down the info or e-mail schools. But you are right, maybe it is a silly idea.

C

Critical Mass

I think that the take-home message is that scholarship deadlines are probably more important to people. I'm pretty sure that medical schools will let you take out your 38K in Staffords after school commences if you want. As an in-stater at a public school, I've never really been concerned about getting it in by the deadline. Last year I signed my note a month after classes started. FAFSA was in several months after the preferred deadline.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.