FAFSA deadlines (please don't move me to FinAid forum)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought it might be useful to get these deadlines for each school in a thread. I didn't search:oops: so I hope there isn't a thread like this open already.

UMDNJ and Nova don't seem to have specific deadlines.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the third or fourth one of these FAFSA threads I've posted on this year, but I can tell you what I told the others.

FAFSA is just a way for schools to get your official numbers down on paper. There is no deadline as far as Uncle Sam is concerned, but the schools themselves will make priority and/or preferred deadlines. Just email the school's financial aid office since this will vary greatly from school to school.

This is the third or fourth one of these FAFSA threads I've posted on this year, but I can tell you what I told the others.

FAFSA is just a way for schools to get your official numbers down on paper. There is no deadline as far as Uncle Sam is concerned, but the schools themselves will make priority and/or preferred deadlines. Just email the school's financial aid office since this will vary greatly from school to school.

I know this, that's why I wanted to start a thread that would list these deadlines so people wouldn't have to hunt down the info or e-mail schools. But you are right, maybe it is a silly idea.

I think that the take-home message is that scholarship deadlines are probably more important to people. I'm pretty sure that medical schools will let you take out your 38K in Staffords after school commences if you want. As an in-stater at a public school, I've never really been concerned about getting it in by the deadline. Last year I signed my note a month after classes started. FAFSA was in several months after the preferred deadline.