FAFSA EFC of 0: normal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my FAFSA processed and it says my EFC is $00000. Is this normal? I don't have much income, and I understand that parental income is not taken into account for FAFSA, so I understand my EFC will be small, but 0?

TIA!
:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, that was mine too. I think it is pretty common.

Completely normal. If you didn't work or just didn't make much money, you'll have zero EFC. And you'll thank your lucky stars when you see that you qualify for the full subsidized amount of loans. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
my efc was 2700...but this is based on me working for the past year and also some investments i have that i cant necessarily cash out b/c that'd be pointless since i just lost a HUGE amt in the past year...how am i supposed to convey that i will no longer have a source of income to the financial aid people?

You guys should feel lucky! My EFC was $17,500 :eek: !!! I guess that?s what I get for working full time while I went to school.

Anyway, after I recovered from my heart attack (when I saw my EFC) I called my financial aid office and found out that they have an Income Appeal form that I could fill out to let them know that I would not be working. I sincerely hope that they lower my EFC or I will be sleeping in a cardboard box and eating ramen noodles for 4 years! :(