FAFSA for those entering fall 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FAFSA situation?

• Submitted already, expect to start hearing financial aid offers soon.

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Not yet submitted, plan on my parents providing their income information in addition to mine.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Not yet submitted, parents refuse to provide income information.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • What's FAFSA?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chef_NU

G-Unit
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how far along everyone is... I'm still waiting on a W2 from an employer that had the wrong address for me. Am I way behind? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

chef_NU said:
Just wondering how far along everyone is... I'm still waiting on a W2 from an employer that had the wrong address for me. Am I way behind? :scared:

well, the W2 was supposed to go out in Jan so that's behind. Are you getting it soon? I don't think it's time to get panicked yet... med schools usually recommend doing it by the end of feb.

also, you could just estimate the info instead of waiting for the W2.

I think most schools start awarding aid on March 1st or 2nd or whatever (early March). That's why many recommend getting everything in by the end of February. But as long as you get it in by then you're definitely not behind. I can't say this is true for all schools, but from what I'm seeing it looks like it's true for most (okay, fine, the ones I'm concerned with plus others I've seen mentioned on sdn -- I can't really say most). If you go later than early March you might not get full consideration because aid is usually rolling, but even late march or early April there should be some available. Overall, though, for best bets try to get it in by the end of this month.

Once you get the W2 it's really pretty simple. Especially if your taxes aren't complicated, and you can get them filed within a day or so. Then you can do your FAFSA in another day. For my husband and me the biggest problem is getting parental info; I've got mine, but there's no indication my husband will have his any time soon :/

edit: Oh yeah, and I just saw the poll. Many schools don't send out reward letters until later, even April. So even if people have submitted they might not hear soon. I submitted but I have to submit corrections to add my parental info (I decided to add it after I already submitted mine.).