Fafsa Q not addressed yet, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was filing my fafsa electronically and i received the SAR today. Early in the information it had asked me my parents' educational background and for my father I put college. Well, later, I chose to add my parents' income. My parents are divorced, however, so i was using my stepfather's information. He never went to college. Now on SAR, it includes parents educational background right on the same page as the financial info. It specifically says FATHERS education, but for the rest it says FATHER/STEPFATHER's income, etc.

My question is: do i need to change the education to be my stepfather's??

I would appreciate any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Probably, but I'm not sure how important this bit of information is. It seems like they'd want all the information to be about the same person. If you're unsure about whether you should have given your father or stepfather's info, there's a discussion about this in the FAFSA help menu.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by SMW:
•Probably, but I'm not sure how important this bit of information is. It seems like they'd want all the information to be about the same person. If you're unsure about whether you should have given your father or stepfather's info, there's a discussion about this in the FAFSA help menu.•••••Thank you so much SMW. I glanced through the help contents and didn't see the topic, but after readying your post, I went thoroughly through the whole thing. I found it:
These questions are for state scholarship purposes only and do not affect your eligibility for federal student aid. For these questions only, "father" and "mother" mean your birth parents, your adoptive parents, or your legal guardians, not your foster parents or stepparents.

Thanks again!!! :clap: