fafsa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunUCB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on the FAFSA, should we just list the schools we've been accepted to? or the ones we're waitlisted post-interview at also? what about schools that we have yet to hear from but would choose as top choices if we do get in?

Members don't see this ad.

Respect my authoritaaay: list all schools you've been accepted to, waitlisted at, or are waiting to hear from. If you still have room enter your hopefuls but not-yet-interviewed. You can also correct the form later.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a SAR returned to you after filing FAFSA? I submitted it at the end of February and have yet to hear anything. My application is still active at more than six schools, so I'd like to send a copy of my SAR to these schools in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks to any wise soul out there who is willing to help!

Members don't see this ad :)
bobhagopian said:
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a SAR returned to you after filing FAFSA? I submitted it at the end of February and have yet to hear anything. My application is still active at more than six schools, so I'd like to send a copy of my SAR to these schools in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks to any wise soul out there who is willing to help!

it's weird that you haven't gotten a copy of your SAR. i filed a renewal fafsa and received access to a PDF file of my SAR via email after about 4 days. maybe you should call and check. did you submit your signature using a pin?

JuicyDay said:
it's weird that you haven't gotten a copy of your SAR. i filed a renewal fafsa and received access to a PDF file of my SAR via email after about 4 days. maybe you should call and check. did you submit your signature using a pin?

Damn. I checked my status on the FAFSA website (I filed electronically with a PIN) and it turns out that I didn't click the final continue button on Step 9 of 9. While this won't affect my application to out-of-state schools, I did miss the priority filing deadline for California. Oh, what a shame it would be to actually get admitted to several UCs and then not be able to attend because of finances.

If ever there was a good time to loudly scream obscenities, this is it.