sunUCB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 5, 2004
Status
on the FAFSA, should we just list the schools we've been accepted to? or the ones we're waitlisted post-interview at also? what about schools that we have yet to hear from but would choose as top choices if we do get in?

Dr. Donkey

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
Respect my authoritaaay: list all schools you've been accepted to, waitlisted at, or are waiting to hear from. If you still have room enter your hopefuls but not-yet-interviewed. You can also correct the form later.

bobhagopian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a SAR returned to you after filing FAFSA? I submitted it at the end of February and have yet to hear anything. My application is still active at more than six schools, so I'd like to send a copy of my SAR to these schools in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks to any wise soul out there who is willing to help!

JuicyDay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2004
Status
bobhagopian said:
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a SAR returned to you after filing FAFSA? I submitted it at the end of February and have yet to hear anything. My application is still active at more than six schools, so I'd like to send a copy of my SAR to these schools in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks to any wise soul out there who is willing to help!
it's weird that you haven't gotten a copy of your SAR. i filed a renewal fafsa and received access to a PDF file of my SAR via email after about 4 days. maybe you should call and check. did you submit your signature using a pin?

bobhagopian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
JuicyDay said:
it's weird that you haven't gotten a copy of your SAR. i filed a renewal fafsa and received access to a PDF file of my SAR via email after about 4 days. maybe you should call and check. did you submit your signature using a pin?
Damn. I checked my status on the FAFSA website (I filed electronically with a PIN) and it turns out that I didn't click the final continue button on Step 9 of 9. While this won't affect my application to out-of-state schools, I did miss the priority filing deadline for California. Oh, what a shame it would be to actually get admitted to several UCs and then not be able to attend because of finances.

If ever there was a good time to loudly scream obscenities, this is it.