pushkin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2003
Visit site
Status
Has anyone else here needed to send their FAFSA to more than the maximum of 6 schools? I already had mine submitted to 6, and the FAFSA webpage says to just erase those now and add new ones. Has anyone actually done this? Does this mean that schools I selected originally will no longer have access to updates on my FAFSA or my SAR?

welovelamarodom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
i'm in the same boat, i put down the 6 schools that i'm more likely to get in to, and for the long shots, if i'm accepted i think you can just send them a copy of your parents' tax returns. erasing the original 6 on the FAFSA seems risky to me, but youre right, they should let us stick as many schools on there as we want.

bigbassinbob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Status
Medical Student
me too. i have no idea why they would limit it to only 6

krelian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
I guess you can ask the financial aid offices if they'll accept a copy of the SAR.

rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
jersey
Visit site
Status
I actually went on live help on the fafsa site and talked to a person about this... he said that each time u change ur fafsa, (but ONLY after its been processed), it creates a separate transaction page so that if you erase the schools and put new ones, you will now have 2 separate pages and the school can view whatever page they're listed on.... but remember, ONLY erase the schools if after u check your stats on the fafsa site and it says processed.... so yea, it won't erase them, don't worry

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
If you're lazy or at work and can't sign onto FAFSA online.. you can call the Dept. of Education at 1-800-433-3243, and they'll add your seventh school on the phone for you. [this will not delete previous six schools]

Isn't it a colossal pain to meet each of your 6+ schools' fin aid reqs?! I'm not having fun, at least.