FAFSA: When will we hear??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brian20

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys

I was wondering if you could tell me when we will hear about the status of our fafsa applications. I haven't gotten anything in the snail mail or email. I was wondering at what point i should worry about my financial aide stuff.

another thing, why do they ask you if you are going to professional school? Do we get more money?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Brian20:

why do they ask you if you are going to professional school? Do we get more money?
•••••Yes - lots more...

Members don't see this ad :)
They ask if you're a professional student because if you are then you're automatically considered as an independent by the government.

Did you guys fill out the FAFSA pre or post having your taxes done? From my understanding, as advised by a financial aid office, I must wait until mine and my parents taxes have been completed. It's really annoying because the deadline for to turn in FAFSA to receive aid from this school is March 1...I'm just going to make it.

I completed my taxes before I submitted my FAFSA. But my parents hadn't. I gave them a month to get them done, but my parents are slow and the school's deadline was March 1. My Dad ended up doing a rough estimate, and that's what I submitted. There's an update form that you can fill out later to make changes to you profile, so you can update your parents' info later.

My fiance works in a financial aid department at another school, and she says that it's perfectly acceptable to send in estimates.

They say 2-3 weeks.

I used estimates. If I'd waited on my parents, I'd have been waiting forever. They usually get multiple extentions.

I did the on-line app and had my EFC immediately, and email notification that my FAFSA had been processed the next day.