mi2squared

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Can someone tell me if we can fill out a renewal FAFSA if we're going into first year medical school if we've been filling out FAFSA's for our undergrad school? :)

CruiseLover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
renewal is what I did...and it worked. :) But yes, I added my parents info because my medical school said I had to if I wanted to be considered for scholarships.

kkd3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
Status (Visible)
HAHAHAHAHAHA mi2squared, I cant belive you have not done your FAFSA yet!!! What a slacker, I dont know how you are going to cut it in medical school!!

About the Ads

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
mi2squared said:
Can someone tell me if we can fill out a renewal FAFSA if we're going into first year medical school if we've been filling out FAFSA's for our undergrad school? :)

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the FAFSA deadline for most schools ended last month.

You should always fill your FAFSA out in January, and add corrections later as your tax returns come in.

Obviously if you've filled out the FAFSA last year, it will be a renewal.

Contact your Financial Aid office immediately, and determine if it is too late to fill out the FAFSA.

popbirch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
in my experience it is never really too late to fill out a fafsa. I had my fall semester paid for by loans that I received in the like feb. I didn't fill out the 05-06 fafsa until january of 06. It is just more of a hassle but they will always be able to work it out.

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
popbirch said:
in my experience it is never really too late to fill out a fafsa. I had my fall semester paid for by loans that I received in the like feb. I didn't fill out the 05-06 fafsa until january of 06. It is just more of a hassle but they will always be able to work it out.

Yes, but some funding will no longer be available. (i.e. Perkins)

CruiseLover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
OSUdoc08 said:
Yes, but some funding will no longer be available. (i.e. Perkins)

How do you receive a Perkins? What are the benefits of one? I filed FAFSA in January and I didn't receive one on my 1st award package?

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
CruiseLover said:
How do you receive a Perkins? What are the benefits of one? I filed FAFSA in January and I didn't receive one on my 1st award package?

1. Our school gives them to the students with the most need. Since I attend a public school, it is given to out-of-state students, first come, first served. Each school is only given a limited amound of Perkins loans to give out.

2. It is a $6,000 loan per year which does not accumulate interest.

G

GujjuNo1

Can someone tell me what MPN (master promissory note) is? How do I submit it? (I filled it out on asadirect website but my school has not got it). My school keeps asking me and I don't know how to submit it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.