Fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need some help. I have called FAFSA aid hotline a number of times, and no-one is very helpful.

Basically, my question is Do I have to include my parents financial information/income? I am 28 years old. The form says that I can skip it, but then says that if you are in the allied health professions, that you should fill it out. As far as I can gather, it is not required.

But to further complicate the situation, I know some of the schools require it. Do they just require it to give out grants or scholarships? Which based on my parental income, I won't be recieving anyway. Also, thier taxes are not done, both are out of the country and have filed for an extension, and I don't have a copy of their 2005 taxes. Will not including parental information affect loans- which is all I am expecting to recieve anyway?

thanks for info!

Members don't see this ad.

if you don't need grants then you cab skip it.

Thanks! I do need them, but don't think I will get any. Are grants based on your parental income? What is the cut-off in income for grant money, any idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
Need some help. I have called FAFSA aid hotline a number of times, and no-one is very helpful.

Basically, my question is Do I have to include my parents financial information/income? I am 28 years old. The form says that I can skip it, but then says that if you are in the allied health professions, that you should fill it out. As far as I can gather, it is not required.

But to further complicate the situation, I know some of the schools require it. Do they just require it to give out grants or scholarships? Which based on my parental income, I won't be recieving anyway. Also, thier taxes are not done, both are out of the country and have filed for an extension, and I don't have a copy of their 2005 taxes. Will not including parental information affect loans- which is all I am expecting to recieve anyway?

thanks for info!

If your school requires it you have to put it down or they won't process your aid. I can't provide parental info because I'm estranged from my mom and my father died when I was a kid, and I had to provide evidence of this for one school to process my fasfa without parental info when they required that. If you absolutely can't get a hold of their info you need to contact your school and see what needs to be done so they will still process your aid without the parental info they require (if they do). If a school doesn't require parental info then you don't have to have it on your fasfa for them.

If your school requires it you have to put it down or they won't process your aid. I can't provide parental info because I'm estranged from my mom and my father died when I was a kid, and I had to provide evidence of this for one school to process my fasfa without parental info when they required that. If you absolutely can't get a hold of their info you need to contact your school and see what needs to be done so they will still process your aid without the parental info they require (if they do). If a school doesn't require parental info then you don't have to have it on your fasfa for them.

Thanks...I will contact the schools and see what can be done. I find it very irritating that at the age of 28 I have to report my parents income when they are not even helping me out at all. Oh well..............:oops: