Failed Keyboarding class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

POTUS1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's embarrassing, but unfortunately it's true :sorry: My GPA went down from a 3.11 to a 3.04 this semester. In addition I took calc-based physics I, Calculus I and a Psychology class. My grades are horrible, I will be a getting a B for Physics and an A for psychology. This semester has been tough because I tool back to back classes and didn't have me time. I volunteer at a local hospital for four hours a week a , work for 3o hours a pharmacy technician. I involved in my schools student senate committee, Representative for my club, and a vice-president for an engineering club. I am also in a committee where I am the "voice of the students", I basically interact with some faculty members and talk about issues that students face. I am also a URM. I'm, thinking of not take physics 2 and calc 2 not semester because i feel like getting all there B's are slowly bringing me closer to 3.0. I really need advice @Goro . I am also in a CC, where there are no good resources like tutoring.

Members don't see this ad.

#1) Stop doing so many ECs. You're over-extended and it's severely hurting you.
#2) If your school has a learning or education center, go visit them stat for tips on time mgt, plus study skills and all the other stuff you need to do well as a student.
#3) Being a URM helps, but no med school will do you any favors by admitting you and then seeing you fail out. Therefore, you need to start doing better. More As than Bs. What community do you represent? And please don't say "Brooklyn".
#4) Consider being a part time student if $ is an issue. Yes, it will take longer for you to get into med school, but they're not going anywhere. This sis a marathon, not a sprint.

I know it's embarrassing, but unfortunately it's true :sorry: My GPA went down from a 3.11 to a 3.04 this semester. In addition I took calc-based physics I, Calculus I and a Psychology class. My grades are horrible, I will be a getting a B for Physics and an A for psychology. This semester has been tough because I tool back to back classes and didn't have me time. I volunteer at a local hospital for four hours a week a , work for 3o hours a pharmacy technician. I involved in my schools student senate committee, Representative for my club, and a vice-president for an engineering club. I am also in a committee where I am the "voice of the students", I basically interact with some faculty members and talk about issues that students face. I am also a URM. I'm, thinking of not take physics 2 and calc 2 not semester because i feel like getting all there B's are slowly bringing me closer to 3.0. I really need advice @Goro . I am also in a CC, where there are no good resources like tutoring.

Reactions: 1 user