Failed my first biology lab quiz...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkishking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My clicker wasn't working while taking this quiz. It was 50 points, and after it not working for 2 questions, I got the rest of them right. My first biology lab quiz grade is a 60%. I'm doomed now, and I'm not sure how to recover from this. I think this was suppose to be the easiest quiz probably and I blew it.. We had homework too, I turned in. The homework is worth 20%. I hope that balances everything out, however, where I'm at right now, I'm not in a good position.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your premed career is over

Reactions: 8 users
Your premed career is over

Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell me this post is a joke?

Reactions: 4 users
In all seriousness don't worry

This is literally one quiz. Not even a test just a quiz. That you got two questions wrong on. Try to chill out a bit or you're going to have a stroke before senior year. You will be perfectly fine.

hate on me for humble bragging but OP there is hope.

1.png

edit: A- not A+

I'm doomed now, and I'm not sure how to recover from this.

You're not doomed, you could always address the faulty clicker in your personal statement or interviews. If you truly think you can't recover from this, you might consider applying disadvantaged on AMCAS and write your essay about the clicker experience.

Reactions: 2 users
You're not doomed, you could always address the faulty clicker in your personal statement or interviews. If you truly think you can't recover from this, you might consider applying disadvantaged on AMCAS and write your essay about the clicker experience.
I don't know man, this is pretty severe.

OP, have you considered an SMP or the DO route?

Reactions: 1 users
Although the sarcastic comments are completely justified, it's hard to have perspective in 1st year. OP if you're ever worried about how much something will affect you, go to your syllabus to find out how everything is weighted.

For example if quizzes are worth 20% and you have 10 of them, that means that each quiz is 2% and you've lost 0.8% on your final grade because of this. Doing this will likely make you feel better about a blown quiz.

edit: US schools have percentage breakdowns on their syllabi right?

You need perspective, dude. It's one quiz out of four years of coursework.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tell the instructor your clicker broke during the exam.

It is a good moment to learn that you must often work outside the bounds of the system in order to succeed. When your clicker malfunctions, write the answers down on paper and immediately turn them in. At a minimum you could tell the professor that this occurred. They may not give you points back or anything but they may be more helpful to you in the future in the pursuit of fairness.

Reactions: 1 users
If you're really freaking out over a 3/5 on a quiz, you're gonna have a rough week.

My clicker wasn't working while taking this quiz. It was 50 points, and after it not working for 2 questions, I got the rest of them right. My first biology lab quiz grade is a 60%. I'm doomed now, and I'm not sure how to recover from this. I think this was suppose to be the easiest quiz probably and I blew it.. We had homework too, I turned in. The homework is worth 20%. I hope that balances everything out, however, where I'm at right now, I'm not in a good position.
go-home.jpg

The fact that you have a 50 point quiz on CLICKER amazes me. They do that?!

Keep on trucking, it's one quiz. We have all failed one thing or another.

Hard to tell, OP. From these answers you're either gonna be ok or heading to the Caribbean. You decide. ;)

Good luck, OP.

tumblr_lbeww5i55m1qeci1vo1_400.gif

Hard to tell, OP. From these answers you're either gonna be ok or heading to the Caribbean. You decide. ;)

Good luck, OP

Looking at St. Georges right now, maybe I can write about my clicker experience.

How do you guys manage stress, work out?

How do you guys manage stress, work out?

Working out, reading, playing some xbox or guitar, cooking fancy stuff, fun times with the lady friend... make the world is your oyster in college.

Working out, reading, playing some xbox or guitar, cooking fancy stuff, fun times with the lady friend... make the world is your oyster in college.

Can't find fun time with lady friends, either.