Failed Naplex =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vietricester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I studied for Naplex 1 month by using Kaplan review book and went to their course provided by Walgreens. Received my score in 3 days and it's 65.:scared:

can anyone out there provided Tips for me to pass this 2nd time? I have 2.5 months to study

I am thinking of using PRONTOPASS because APHA Book is so much materials?

Please help, god bless you.

Thank you:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys.

I studied for Naplex 1 month by using Kaplan review book and went to their course provided by Walgreens. Received my score in 3 days and it's 65.:scared:

can anyone out there provided Tips for me to pass this 2nd time? I have 2.5 months to study

I am thinking of using PRONTOPASS because APHA Book is so much materials?

Please help, god bless you.

Thank you:oops:

mindblowing... I didnt know it was possible to fail the naplex.

I would recommend reading through APHA at least once through and reread and concentrate on HTN, hrt dz, infectious dz, cancer, mental health, AIDS, opportunistic infections, seizures, DVT, and whatever material you feel deficient in. I also used prontopass and found that the posters and some of the notecard sections useful. DEFINITELY study and be real comfortable with pharmacy math. As you know the exam can be real random so there isnt one sure shot way to study for it. So just study your butt off, you have no other choice. Also, I would strongly recommend reading the post written by rroyali which has some real sound advice on how to prepare for Naplex.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Don't worry, The most important thing to do is come to terms with the fact that you can now better prepare once you know your weak areas. In my case I think I thought I was ready for it when I might have used a bit more of time. My advise id look forward and focus on your weak areas. Good luck!! you got about 3 months to do it, and this time with flying colours!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I was going to address the "mind blowing" post, but I chose to over look it. It's okay vietricester. You are definitely not alone in this! Thanks pereubu for the shot out! Be warned vietricester my post: "I PASSED THE NAPLEX.....a little advice" is a bit lengthy lol

Last edited:
I just hate it when people passed the Naplex then bragged about it. Don't let those people intimidate you Vietricester. I bet those people were sweating like a wet bag when they took their Naplex. Most of the people I know thought they failed after the exam. None thought it was easy. The fact is it's so random that's it's scary b/c you don't know what they'll throw at you in the next question... And the weirdest thing about the Naplex is that they tend to ask you more and more of those questions you got wrong at first place.

Anyway, like I said in your other post..."Buy the Pronto Pass" it'll help you. Like other people said, you just need to focus a little bit more on your "weak" area. Goodluck!:)

I have heard that the APhA book is very long and detailed, but using the CD is worth it because it askes harder questions than the actual NAPLEX? Does anybody know if the 2009 APhA book is the most recent one? Is the cover a pink/magenta color? I am thinking of buying the book to start studying. Other people say just to study the Kaplan book from the Walgreens review course, but I don't know if that's even enough. I do NOT want to go back to my notes from class!

Thanks bella09. I was looking at the website some more and found this newest edition 2010 APhA book so I'm going to go ahead and place an order for it. I know some people say the APhA book is "overkill" but at this point, I don't feel prepared at all.

I think having a more concise book helps. like rxprep.

Thanks bella09. I was looking at the website some more and found this newest edition 2010 APhA book so I'm going to go ahead and place an order for it. I know some people say the APhA book is "overkill" but at this point, I don't feel prepared at all.