Failed out of medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 1.5 years of trying to successfully pass the boards and continue on clinical rotation. I have failed. I don't want to get into the details. There is no way I could be placed back into the program. I was a third year and now I am over $200,000 in school loan debt. I am looking for careers as clinical project managers, working in lab as technicians. While going back to school and take a year program to complete a masters in biomedical technology. I have dual biology and nutrition bachelors degree and a masters in medical science. I will be successful even though becoming a physician isn't an option now. If there is a forum or link that I could find just to vent initially that would help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Can't you repeal? Take the exam again? Fight it? Tutors? Anything?

Otherwise, there is a job site called dropout club, they have job postings.

Sorry man, hope things workout for you. It's a terrible situation. Don't forget to take care of yourself and well being first

Thanks a lot. I did repeal. Took the exam 3x and fought it. Did DIt Kaplan. Too much personal things going on. It's really tough on me. But I have an amazing family and group of friends. I'll get passed this. Thanks.

Drop out club's locations are pretty far. I am thinking of doing a masters in biomedical engineering and continuing in that route. Hopefully I'll live a happy life.