Failed~~~~ What now!?!?!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yamazaho

Dentist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the site but is definitely not new to NBDE part 1. I got my score back a week ago and found that I failed with 73. I did the dental decks, first aid book and the released exams. I am planning to take it ASAP, most likely in the beginning of November. I did some search already and found that most people suggested to just go back to the same materials but know the basic (or core materials as some people refer to) stuff really well. Anyone can please give me some advises?

Another thing is I am thinking about getting the Kaplan Qbanks online, but I am not sure if I want to get the lecture notes or the "dentEssentials". Any ideas please share. I am a little anxious at this point and really want to have some good guidance. So please guys, help me out!!!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

get the kaplan lecture notes. it helps you a lot i got 83 it was not the best score but kaplan helped me a lot because I was away from basic like micro, bio... for seven years so I needed something more detail. and oclusion :confused: we defently need something other than decks maybe wheeler. kaplan Q bank for anatomy and dental is good. think about USMLE too I dont know much about it I just had a CD wich summerized important points but ask others it is useful for some subjects that are not so clearly described in kaplan.

HI!

I had a few questions for you if you dont mind :) I also failed my first time, with a 74, and was wondering how you did to end up passing?