Failing a Graduate Course!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelpy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I just got my midterm grade for one of my graduate courses and I totally bombed it. There is no way I will be able to redeem my grade at this point, even to a B which is the passing grade for our graduate program.

The thing is this course was not a required course and the professor is horrible, the material is not interesting and not even related to my research. What do you think I should do at this point? If I fail the course, it will look really bad when I apply for residencies even though the course is not relevant to anything I do. Do you think I should push for a withdrawal (W)? Thanks!
I would withdraw ASAP rather than fail the class. No matter how bad a W on your transcript might look, being on academic probation for a sub-3.0 GPA will look much, much worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
deleted

Last edited:
Sounds like undergrad all over again. Nobody will ever pay attention to your graduate school transcript to care about an isolated W. But if you end up in serious trouble due to this grade, it might escalate beyond a random transcript grade! Withdraw! Eject! Abort! Danger Danger!

Sounds like undergrad all over again. Nobody will ever pay attention to your graduate school transcript to care about an isolated W. But if you end up in serious trouble due to this grade, it might escalate beyond a random transcript grade! Withdraw! Eject! Abort! Danger Danger!

lol neuronix...

danger1.jpg