USMLE Failing UWSA but passing NBME, Exam in 2 weeks, HELP please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigdreamer92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I am an IMG and have been studying for a while now. Around 6 weeks ago i took UWSA1 and got 160 2 weeks later I took NBME16 and scored 188, So I was thrilled with the improvemnt.

Another 2 weeks later I took NBME 17 and scored 201. Happy that I was on track, set my exam date in a month and began dedicated study. 2 weeks after NBME17 I took UWSA2, and here is the thing, I was a bit distracted throughout the test but that is no excuse, and I ending up scoring 166. :( :(

I have been in tears since yesterday. Not understanding what to do, should I postpone my exam or disregard the UWSA scores??

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, so I am an IMG and have been studying for a while now. Around 6 weeks ago i took UWSA1 and got 160 2 weeks later I took NBME16 and scored 188, So I was thrilled with the improvemnt.

Another 2 weeks later I took NBME 17 and scored 201. Happy that I was on track, set my exam date in a month and began dedicated study. 2 weeks after NBME17 I took UWSA2, and here is the thing, I was a bit distracted throughout the test but that is no excuse, and I ending up scoring 166. :( :(

I have been in tears since yesterday. Not understanding what to do, should I postpone my exam or disregard the UWSA scores??

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you.
What happened to you? I got a 198 on the first uworld sim, and 224 on the second one today. Exam is in 13 days looking.for tips

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Postpone the test - you're not ready yet. Work on your weakest areas. You are going to be fine eventually but don't take the test yet - risk to fail is too high.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)