Falcon Step 1 in NYC April 26. What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nellyakgo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm getting ready to sign up for some courses and noticed that Falcon posted a new course for New York City. Just a month ago they didn't have anything scheduled for NY, so must be new. According to the web site info it looks like it is only 3 days for Behavioral, 3 days for micro, 2 days for immuno + genetics, 2 says for neuro, and 2 weeks for systems integrated physio + pharma + path.

It seems much much shorter than what kaplan offers, even for the shortest version of Kaplan which is 7 weeks live lectures. I called Falcon HQ and they said they couldn't tell me anything and I must call NY. In NY noone is available to talk or even to leave a VM message. Only way is to send them an e-mail.

All this isn't encouracing re. Falcon to me. BUT, I've attended a live sample Kaplan lecture yesterday and I've been listening to the Goljan pirate audio. The Goljan audio is oceans apart, sooo much better. In fact, I didn't like the sample Kaplan live lecture I attended yesterday at all becuase there was too much clowning and trying to be pleasant and funny, and less emphasis on "comprehensive" content. On the other hand, I don't know whether the quality of the Goljan lectures is matched by the other lecturers in Falcon.

So I'm unsure which (Falcon or Kaplan) to go for. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I'm getting ready to sign up for some courses and noticed that Falcon posted a new course for New York City. Just a month ago they didn't have anything scheduled for NY, so must be new. According to the web site info it looks like it is only 3 days for Behavioral, 3 days for micro, 2 days for immuno + genetics, 2 says for neuro, and 2 weeks for systems integrated physio + pharma + path.

It seems much much shorter than what kaplan offers, even for the shortest version of Kaplan which is 7 weeks live lectures. I called Falcon HQ and they said they couldn't tell me anything and I must call NY. In NY noone is available to talk or even to leave a VM message. Only way is to send them an e-mail.

All this isn't encouracing re. Falcon to me. BUT, I've attended a live sample Kaplan lecture yesterday and I've been listening to the Goljan pirate audio. The Goljan audio is oceans apart, sooo much better. In fact, I didn't like the sample Kaplan live lecture I attended yesterday at all becuase there was too much clowning and trying to be pleasant and funny, and less emphasis on "comprehensive" content. On the other hand, I don't know whether the quality of the Goljan lectures is matched by the other lecturers in Falcon.

So I'm unsure which (Falcon or Kaplan) to go for. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Is Goljan for sure teaching at the NYC location? I would love to pay falcon just to see Goljan if that was an option!

Is Goljan for sure teaching at the NYC location? I would love to pay falcon just to see Goljan if that was an option!

I don't know. As I wrote, it was impossible to talk to someone about the course. I was only given an e-mail and I didn't bother.

Isn't Goljan the only reason why ppl take Falcon?
The motto of Falcon: " Got Goljan? We do"

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out that Goljan is not teaching at the NYC course. As an FYI..

How come no one answered this thread? Am I to assume so few people take Falcon that there hasn't been anyone with an opinion to write about it?