Fall Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kev12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be a junior in the fall. Here is what I am planning on taking:

1. Orgo Chem I w/lab- 4 credits
2. Physic I w/lab- 4 credits
3. Ecology w/lab- 4 credits
4. General Virology- 2 credits

Do you guys think this is a heavy course load?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It all depends on your own ability and time-management skills. From an outsider's perspective, that seems like a very reasonable schedule. But there are too many variables and contingencies for us to really say either way -- for instance physics at your school might be more painful than at other schools. If you have a good track record with a normal course load, and feel that this is a bit of a step up in difficulty but are committed to doing what it takes to succeed despite that, then I think you already know the answer :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't seem that bad, but three labs would definitely be a pain in arse.

I'd recommend getting rid of ecology w/lab or at least take it without the lab if you can.

Last edited:
Taking three labs sounds intense to me, especially since you'll be taking orgo I, which is deceptively time-consuming. I personally like balancing my schedule with some non-science classes to keep me sane. That way, you're also not stuck with a bunch of gen-eds your last year.

Taking three labs sounds intense to me, especially since you'll be taking orgo I, which is deceptively time-consuming. I personally like balancing my schedule with some non-science classes to keep me sane. That way, you're also not stuck with a bunch of gen-eds your last year.

Alas, story of my life. I have four classes left in my major, two of which are allegedly the easiest in the department (or, as easy as upper level classes can be). The other 6 classes are gen eds that I've put off.

To OP, your schedule seems reasonable, but like everyone else said, three labs at once could be killer. It all depends on how the labs are at your school and your own study habits.

The schedule itself doesn't sound bad- have you heard anything about the professors or level of difficulty? I know virology was one of the tough ones at my undergrad reputation wise.