Family/friend loan for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xPNx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

So before my main question... I completed the FAFSA early and I've gotten an estimate of a loan for 20k or something like that immediately after submitted it. Obviously that does not cover all of my tuition. I was fortunate enough not to need loans during undergrad, so I'm unsure what to do now. My brother is in graduate school and he told me he takes loan through the school or something (he completes a FAFSA as well). Before I email my school about this, can anyone here answer this question? I'm guessing I'll eventually take loans through the school (which goes through the federal government)?

Might be a stupid question but...

So I have a very close family friend who is a RMLO. I have a feeling that if I asked him to help me with graduate school loans, I'm sure he would love to help me in a way that could be veeeeeery favorable for me. Silly question, is something like this legal? Have any of you guys use loans from a family or friend? I've been a little hesitate (feeling guilty) about asking him and wanted the opinions of others here.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

gradplus loan. You can take as much of it as you need to cover COA.

I see, I see.

But do I inquire to the school about this (and is it through the school) or wait until FAFSA updates me again (whenever that is)?

Thanks again!