family med: aafp questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unoriginal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i must be ******ed... i just got my membership for the AAFP website and I can't seem to find the practice questions on their site that everyone talks about. Anybody have the link handy? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i must be ******ed... i just got my membership for the AAFP website and I can't seem to find the practice questions on their site that everyone talks about. Anybody have the link handy? thanks!

I don't know which questions you're looking for (FP shelf? certification?) but this might help...

picsc2.jpg

I just typed "practice questions" in that box and got the following link as the first result:

Board Review Questions -- American Academy of Family Physicians

Not sure if this is what you want, as they require a login.

I always put "board review" in the search section.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I use someone's user id and password for the AFP website. My shelf is fast approaching and I don't have time for the turn around for membership. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Can I use someone's user id and password for the AFP website. My shelf is fast approaching and I don't have time for the turn around for membership. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
call their 1800 number, they are pretty nice to students and it's free for students

Yeah, so I tried to start some questions on their site and the site says

"Board Review Questions
You may return to complete more assessments at any time."

I did a generic AAFP login set up, but apparently I need to do a student set up as well? Is there no way to access the questions via a generic login? Any word on how long the student membership takes to go through? I may just call them tomorrow morning if I need to.

Thanks for the help in advance...

How do the board review practice questions on AAFP compare to the real test. I'm doing better on them then I do on UWorld? Am I mistaken in my understanding that these questions are to prepare FM docs for their boards at the end of residency??

Yeah, so I tried to start some questions on their site and the site says

"Board Review Questions
You may return to complete more assessments at any time."

I did a generic AAFP login set up, but apparently I need to do a student set up as well? Is there no way to access the questions via a generic login? Any word on how long the student membership takes to go through? I may just call them tomorrow morning if I need to.

Thanks for the help in advance...

There is a separate log-in. I had made two accounts (regular) at the AAFP site before I realized what's up. Need the student log-in to access. It took mine about a day or two to set-up. However, they recently re-vamped their site and made everything harder to find.

So my account got approved but I still can't find these practice questions... any ideas?

Are these the questions?
http://www.aafp.org/cme/cme-topic/all/bd-review-questions.html

It says they are for CME credits for board exams... do students just use these because they are helpful even though they don't seem to be geared towards medical students?

Anyone that has utilized these please help!

Heres the link when you click through but not sure if you can see it since I was logged in to view the question sets:
https://nf.aafp.org/Assessment/Listing/8358ede4-a084-4125-8f91-58c571a978ee

Are these the questions?
http://www.aafp.org/cme/cme-topic/all/bd-review-questions.html

It says they are for CME credits for board exams... do students just use these because they are helpful even though they don't seem to be geared towards medical students?

Anyone that has utilized these please help!

Heres the link when you click through but not sure if you can see it since I was logged in to view the question sets:
https://nf.aafp.org/Assessment/Listing/8358ede4-a084-4125-8f91-58c571a978ee
Those are them. They're definitely helpful. Especially since they break it down by category.
Basically, if you can read and understand aafp review articles, then those questions shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: 1 user
So are just doing these questions enough? Would anyone recommend using Pre-Test?

So are just doing these questions enough? Would anyone recommend using Pre-Test?
It depends on how well Pre-Test works for you. I hate Pre-Test, but it seems like the most pertinent and LEAST redundant. The AAFP are, generally, somewhat easier than the actual shelf. One thing I hated is how many review books there are and how mixed the reviews are. Family Medicine shelf was just horrible. But that's IMO...and also because NO ONE told me how difficult this exam was.

It depends on how well Pre-Test works for you. I hate Pre-Test, but it seems like the most pertinent and LEAST redundant. The AAFP are, generally, somewhat easier than the actual shelf. One thing I hated is how many review books there are and how mixed the reviews are. Family Medicine shelf was just horrible. But that's IMO...and also because NO ONE told me how difficult this exam was.

depends on when you take it
if you take it at the beginning of the year, it's incredibly difficult
if you take it at the end, it's relatively easy

pretest sucked

i did aafp and case files twice with a pretty decent score

Reactions: 1 user
depends on when you take it
if you take it at the beginning of the year, it's incredibly difficult
if you take it at the end, it's relatively easy

pretest sucked

i did aafp and case files twice with a pretty decent score

Definitely true. I was all "I have to learn/know ALL this starting third year? I just..."
But, it did kind of help with the medicine/surgery shelves. lol

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I can't see the mixed review 1 qbank anymore. I only have sets 2-37 from mixed review 2 available. Does anyone else have this problem?