Family Med Question Bank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UW doesn't have "family med" specific questions, so does anyone know any online resource for Family Medicine questions?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have done well on all shelf exams raw. Family medicine....not so much. I had family med before internal. i felt like family was just an extension of internal but tougher. There were very few diabetes/HTN/HLD questions which was surprising to me. Lots of hepatobiliary stuff, which too was surprising considering I don't think I saw hepatitis/cholecystitis/etc even once in 6 weeks of family med. I have no advice just that everyone else sucked on this exam too so our curve was generous.

Members don't see this ad :)
my plan is to just set UWorld to all subjects and treat the Family Shelf like a mini-Step II and assume everything is fair game. I'm definitely going to read case-files... not sure what else.

CaseFiles doesn't appear to be so great. It's very wordy and just a basic review of topics covered in other rotations. I got a third of the way through and ditched it for the ambulatory section of Step Up.

Our school doesn't even require us to pass the Family Med Shelf (only rotation where this is true), so I didn't really study for it... ended up with a "passing score" anyway. I looked for good resources, but I really don't think there are any. I think you just have to trust that your knowledge from the first two years of med school, other rotations, and your Family Medicine rotation will get you through it. I'm sure most people will be fine.